How To Use Beard Oil - The Simple Way
If you have a beard or are trying to grow one chances are you've heard of beard oil. It seems to be everywhere these days. However as popular as it's become a lot of beardsmen, aspiring and accomplished, actually don't know how to use it. If you fall into this category don't feel bad about it; you've come to the right place. The truth of the matter is there are a ton of companies selling it and yet very few take the time to explain how to apply it properly. So here's how you do it:
1. The best time to apply beard oil is after a hot shower. Of course you can use it any time, but after a hot shower your pores are more open and ready to absorb nutrients and minerals. (Note: Make sure you towel dry your beard before using. If your beard is too wet it will act as a repellent because water and oil don't mix.)
2. Drop a dime sized amount of beard oil into your palm and rub your hands together focusing on the finger tips - not too much, but just enough to spread the oil around. The amount used varies depending on beard size and personal preference. Start with less because you can always add more, and a little goes a long way.
3. After the oil is dispersed a bit, use your finger tips and massage the skin beneath your beard. A common mistake is neglecting the skin and just focusing on the beard itself. The skin is where the majority of nutrients are absorbed and is the foundation you build on. Look at it this way: If your beard were a plant, your skin would be the soil.
4. Now rub the remaining oil into the beard directly - starting at the base and moving outward to the end of your beard. Make sure you spread it evenly throughout. Spend a little more time on the trouble areas if any exist.
5. Once your beard has been thoroughly oiled you are done and can rinse your hands. You're good to go!
This whole process is super quick and doesn't need to take more than 60 seconds. These are five fast and easy steps to ensure you're getting everything possible from your beard oil. Good luck, gentlemen; for greatness awaits you.